Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Blog #24: Fiction Journal Week #5

13. If you were the author, would you have ended the story in a different way? Why? How so?

       If I were the author of Feed I would have went into a totally different direction than the way the actual author did. Meaning I would have given it a more happy or hopeful ending but I guess I'm just a sucker for happy, or in this case happier, endings. But I do believe I would still let Violet die in the end because I think it is critical to the story that she is to die. So anyway to make this story a little bit more hopeful than it actually was I would not have made Titus become a total jerk. Instead I would have made him stick with Violet until the very end and he would finally see the error of his ways and begin to resist the Feed and maybe even join the riots and protests that keep happening on the news. Now I do understand why the author wrote the ending in this way because it was critical to get his point across and I know that not all stories need a happy ending but my God this was just plain depressing and incredibly aggravating to read. I mean she LITERALLY sent him his whole life story and what does he do? He DELETES IT! What kind of human being deletes someones entire life story and then LIES about it right to their face? All she wanted was to enjoy the last moments she had with him and he tossed her aside. Maybe he doesn't have to go and join the protests in the end but at least have him look up that word that Violet's dad told him or something. Give me just a little flicker of hope at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment