Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Fiction Journal Week #3----Blog #20

12. Why do you think the author wrote this story?

       I believe the author had written this story for many reasons. The first obviously being that they do not like the way we are growing up in our generation. Mainly the fact that we are so electronically addicted to things and we can't seem to function without them. I personally wouldn't care if my power were to go out at my house or if I broke my phone because I can live without one (I could live without my cellphone that is but I do need my house). With so much technology ruling our everyday lives when the power shuts down so do we. We are living simpler lives and just expect things to be handed to us because we haven't had to work as hard as generations before us did. But the reason why I think the author wrote the story in the future instead of the present is because they wanted to have us see what we look like to them; a bunch of incapable kids following the latest trend. The author also wanted us too see how the environment could turn out if we keep following the same path we have for years. Soon we won't be able to visit the beach without a bio-hazard suit (well not soon but sometime in the future...distant future...or hopefully not at all) or breath air from an oxygen machine or have to live up in the sky surrounded by domes (I'm wondering if they got the idea from The Jetsons?).

No comments:

Post a Comment